It's Just One of Those Days...

So I think we've all had those days. You know the days I'm talking about. The day where you wake up and from the start absolutely zero goes the way it was planned. Luckily they don't happen often but when they do... man they can be hard.

I was the unfortunate recipient of one of those lovely days last week. For whatever reason,  the gods of misfortune and bad luck decided that they would bestow upon this stressed out, pregnant, mother of 4 the beautiful gifts that they provide. It all started Thursday morning when my lovely phone started buzzing to let me know that yes, it was in fact already 6:30 in the morning and it was time to wake up and waddle into the bathroom and start the day.

Nothing too bad happened at that time other than me stumbling, blindly, into the fan I keep in my room and stubbing my toe on the sewing machine table next to it. Okay fine, not a great start but it's at times like this that I'm reminded of the profound Taylor Swift lyrics... "Just shake it off... Shake it off". So I did just that, shook it off and finished getting myself ready to wake up my 4 little hellions.

Of course no one was in the mood to wake up so early, but tough stuff kiddos... we've got stuff to do which typically involves getting the dad to work before the frowned upon entry time of 9 am. Most days, I'm able to wake the kids and get food shoved in their face wholes before the crying and whining begins but that was not this day. Nope! First things first and we have to deal with the fact that one child has had an accident in the night and not told us. So we have to strip the bed and get an emergency bath before anything else can happen. Leaving the other 3 kids plenty of time to decide that morning really is not their favorite time of day. While our night time bed wetter is showering, the oh so lovely 4 year old is picking a fight with the 8 year old and the 1 year old thinks it's the perfect time to start crying for a granola bar and trying to get mom and dad to pick him. The simple "no I'm not going to open that yet" starts all of them crying about how hungry they are and how they need at least 5 different things each in order to survive the next 5 seconds.

Fast forward a bit and we've managed to feed, clothe, and find everyone's shoes and we make it to the car. Everyone is strapped in and we are on our way. Yay!!! accomplishment! Only to have the uneasy doubt sink into our heads of "did anyone put up the remotes"? See our 85 pound puppy (yup... puppy... hes a 7 month old great Pyrenees puppy) decided two days prior that eating our remote to the tv was a good idea, so now its a scramble to make sure those are put behind closed door on a high enough shelf that he can't find them. So back to the house we go. By the time it's established that the remote is in fact put away and make it back to the highway, we are officially 20 minutes late. Landing us in mid-morning traffic that takes us a whole 45 minutes to get to dad's work putting his arrival time at an amazing 8:55 am. whoo.... just made that 9 am cut off time.

Onward now to PetSmart to get that big old baby and our cat some food. We get there and of course, Atari's normal dog food, the PetSmart brand Authority dog food, is not in stock in the type and size bag I want. Which then leads to a one hour hunt for the perfect bag of dog food. Now let me tell ya, if you've never had to do in depth, thoughtful shopping with 4 kids... it's fun. You should try it!Ater lots looking and google searches we decide to go with a big bag of large breed puppy Blue Buffalo Dog food. We've never used this brand before and he's just getting over a pretty gnarly stomach issue so I was a little nervous just jumping into a new type of food but hey, it's a good brand and has high rating plus it's here in the size bag I want... let's try it.

Anyways, after paying about $15 more for a bag of dog food than I originally wanted to, it's time to load up 4 hungry, tired, crabby kids, back into the van and make our happy way to the house.

Lunch is made and distributed and as the children are quietly eating and watching Blaze and the Monster Machines I sneak away into the bedroom to begin a bit of recording work for the day. I start getting the lights set up for filming and as I plug in the last light, the same way I've been setting them up for the last few months, a fuse blows in my outlet and my lighting rig is shot. I'm figuring at this point, Yup... no filming for me today.

By this time, I'm now telling Taylor Swift where she can "Shake it off" to. But it's okay... we will work through this and move on. I find a new way to get things set up, trip the switch in the breaker box so my outlets are working again and get started filming away. 10 minutes into filming and... the freaking tripod set up I'm using breaks. Nope. no more filming...not today. Camera goes splat onto a book (thankfully it was there cause if not bye bye camera) and I'm just no longer in the mood to be on camera. At this point I'm in the mood to say lots of things that I probably shouldn't say but that's just how it goes.

It's now nap time, THANK GOD, and so the kids lay down and I plug in my phone and start watching YouTube videos while it charges. About an hour later my phone dies. No big deal. I take it as a sign to leave it plugged in and take myself a little nap as well.

No judgement, I'm pregnant and growing babies is hard work.

When we all get up and get things cleaned up, I go to check my phone only to realize that my phone has not been charging... at all! it's still dead. Like very dead. It's showing that it's trying to charge but no juice in the phone. My first thought is that I need to let my husband know just in case he's tried to call.

Let's head to the computer!

And guess what... the computer, our main desk top big computer isn't working. There is zero connection going between the tower and the monitor.

 Its ok though, because we've got laptops and those should work.

Well that's not going to work either because 2 out of our 3 laptops, I can't find the chargers to plug them in. But laptop 3... we've got the charger. I plug it in and it starts up immediately. Everything's going good, until I get to the start screen and have no clue what my husbands password is into the computer. It's not our normal shared password for the other computer and I try every variation or possible password that I can think of without success.

One last option...the kindles. They have internet access, so I thought. I was wrong. I couldn't figure out how to connect to an internet app and my Facebook wouldn't connect because I couldn't remember the password.

It's now an hour later, 4 hour since my phone originally died, so I pack up the kids yet again and head to home base... the in- laws house. Now luckily my brother in law still lives at home and happens to have a newer iPhone that uses the same charging cable as my iPhone 7 plus and I'm able to trouble shoot and confirm it's an issue with the charging cord on the phone and not an issue with the actual phone. First bit of good news I've managed to get all day.

After letting the phone get a good charge, it's time to get back into the car and head to pick up dad. Luckily for me, by the time we got home and eat dinner the day was done. It was officially bed time and trust me when I say that this momma was ready.

"Those days" happen. Sometimes they happen pretty frequently and adding that extra stress of having kids and being pregnant can cause those days to seem even worse. But remember those immortalized words and Shake it off... Shake it off.







Comments

Popular Posts