Cook with me Tuesday- All Purpose Ground Beef

Through trial and error, I've found that one of the absolute best things to make ahead and freeze is ground beef. There's nothing easier than cooking up a few pounds of deliciously seasoned ground beef, popping it in a freezer, and pulling it out when you're in the mood for a bit of spaghetti or a quick stir fry. In my house, I like to cook up 6-10 pounds of ground beef at a time and once they are fully cooked, portion them out into ziplock bags to save for a later date. So I figured hey... why not share my all purpose ground beef recipe with you.

So here it is folks! And don't forget, like always, the video for this recipe will be up on my YouTube channel as well. So don't forget to pop over and check it out.

What You'll Need:

6-10 pounds lean ground beef
3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons Worcestershire
3-5 tablespoons onion powder
3-5 tablespoons garlic powder
1/2 yellow onion chopped
2 tablespoons oil of choice
salt and pepper to taste


What You'll Do:

So this recipe couldn't be easier to make.

1. Pre-heat a large skillet over high heat and add the oil to the pan. I personally like to use canola oil or even just a couple of good sprays of cooking spray but you can use whatever oil you prefer.

2. Once the oil is heated through, add the onion to the skillet and lower the heat down to medium high. I like to go ahead and add a little salt here as well. Remember seasoning along the way provides the best flavor to your mea
l.

Let the onions cook down until they are just beginning to turn a nice caramel color.

3. Once the onions have reached a nice brown color ( not burned...never burned just brown) you'll add your ground beef to the skillet.

4. Break up the ground beef in the pan and then add all of the spices as well as the soy and Worcestershire sauces and mix everything as well as you can. Cook the beef until it is browned all the way through.

** depending on how much beef you are cooking and how lean the beef is, you may need to drain off some of the fat while you're cooking.

5. Once the Beef is browned all the way through, transfer to a large bowl and allow to completely cool before dividing the beef up into your ziplock bags.


See that was pretty simple and painless and allows you to know off a good chunk of cooking time for your weeknight meals. When you're ready to use the beef you can either throw it frozen into a crockpot or thaw it out in you fridge over night to use the next day. I'd love to see your version of this recipe, so make sure that you let me know if you fixed this casserole and make sure to send me pictures on my Social Media links below. You can also email me!


I hope that you enjoyed this post! If you did make sure that you check out my YouTube channel and follow me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter for more day to day happenings. 




Comments

Popular Posts